Administered via IV infusion for 15 to 30 minutes1
For most adult patients, the recommended dose of Rapivab is a single 600 mg administration. See package insert for full information on Dosing and Administration.
|Adults, 18 years or older||600 mg|
|Renal impairment||Creatinine clearance: 30-49 mL/min||200 mg|
|Creatinine clearance: 10-29 mL/min||100 mg|
In patients with chronic renal impairment maintained on hemodialysis, Rapivab should be administered after dialysis.
Follow these steps to prepare a diluted solution of Rapivab for
- Utilize aseptic technique during the preparation of Rapivab to prevent contamination
- Do not use if seal over bottle is broken or missing
- Use an appropriate amount of Rapivab 10 mg/mL solution
- Dilute with isotonic solutions to a maximum volume 100 mL
- Administer the diluted solution via intravenous infusion for 15 – 30 minutes
Rapivab must be diluted prior to administration and can be diluted with the following:
- 0.9% sodium chloride
- 0.45% sodium chloride
- 5% dextrose
- Lactated Ringer’s
Do not mix or co-infuse Rapivab with other intravenous medications.